Friday, July 22, 2011

Dossier in Honduras!

Yesterday I received an e-mail from Gladney, saying that our dossier arrived safely in Honduras and is the hands of the attorney, Cesar. I guess he will have it translated into Spanish and have it authenticated by the Honduran government. Then, once presented to INHFA, it will take another couple of months to be approved. I hope they will not ask for more information or updated documents. Once approved, we will be officially on the waiting list for Samuel. I am thinking of a middle name for him. The name that comes to my mind these days is my uncle's name Paul.

The name Samuel came to me during the little show that my daughter did after Vacation Bible School at our church. They were talking about the story of Hannah. I'd forgotten about Hannah's story. She wanted a baby very much, but she could not have one. She prayed to God for a baby and became pregnant. She named the baby Samuel, which means "God heard" or "requested of God" or "God's heart". Hannah gave Samuel to the temple, where he became an important prophet. Alejandro and I agreed that this is a perfect name for our future son, because of everything that has happened in our lives the last 8 years. Our Samuel will grow up in our wonderful church. Our church is the only reason we are able to adopt again, thanks to some wonderfully generous people. Our son will be a gift from God. The name Samuel also sounds really nice in Spanish!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, I am following your blog with much interest. I agree that Samuel is the perfect name for your son. I will keep you in my prayers that the process moves quickly and smoothly.Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Our dossier will be mailed off to Honduras next week!!

    ReplyDelete