Saturday, November 19, 2011

Frustration

Z's bloodwork, fecal tests and urinalysis came back normal and was sent to Gladney to be apostilled this past week. Thursday there were numerous articles in Honduran newspapers about an intervention in the Adoption Department of IHNFA by the government due to "irregularities." I don't know what type of irregularities they are referring to. Gladney says that the Adoption Department is still processing cases, so I have no ideas what's going on. I hope it doesn't mean that someone will be taking over and going over all the dossiers there. That would take an eternity!

It seems like it's just one thing after another. I know of 31 other families from different parts of the world that are in some stage of the Honduran adoption process. There are families that have been on the waiting list for over a year. We are not even ON the waiting list yet. We are not ever officially approved, and our dossier has been there since July. We have sent the psychological addendum and now the labwork for Z. I cannot think of another thing that they could want from us. They know more about us than we know about ourselves!

It won't be long before we have to start re-doing documents. For a country that supposedly became more "adoption friendly" Honduras is very demanding. Z's adoption was a cakewalk compared to this. We were very lucky.

I have given up on the idea of having a number on the waitlist by Christmas. It's all very discouraging. This will be the first Christmas without my Mom, and I so wanted some good news!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I've been following your blog. We are adopting in Honduras as well and we are from Canada (French-Canadian). IHNFA has not paid their employees since August so they are on strike at the moment. We made our first trip in september after waiting for about 1 year. We are waiting for a date to make our final trip to bring our son home. It's been almost 10 weeks now...

    We pray IHNFA will resume work soon!!!

    Wish you all the best with your adoption journey,

    Maude from Quebec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honduras seems like such a struggle at the moment. Countries seem able to change their rules and regulations when ever they like. I feel so badly for everybody caught in the process. I too had wanted progress with my adoption by Christmas and wanted to end 2011 with knowing 2012 would bring my child home. This isn't too be so I can partially understand your loss. I am finding the blogging community a real support. Unless people have been through, or are in the process, they just shake their heads at the hoop jumping and cost involved in international adoption. I don't know how many people have said to me, "I can't believe that!" "Is that really what you have to do!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain.... we sent our paperwork off in July too. As a Spanish teacher, it was painful to have to pay over 1000 dollars to have someone else translate our dossier, especially knowing that I could have done it faster than they did it. We too are sitting in a pile on someone's desk and we so long to be in the computer. Maybe all the delays are in place so just the right child will arrive to us, but I must admit that being patient and persevering is tough.... just know that you are not alone. I wish that I could brighten your day with some good news, but it will come.... have faith!

    ReplyDelete