Saturday, January 21, 2012

Is there hope???





This past week we finally got some news about Honduras. The investigation has been concluded. They have a new director of IHNFA now, attorney Felipe Antonio Morales. This was confirmed by Gladney. They also have said that the adoption commitee will meet in mid- February to match children and approve dossiers. This is great news! I hope it is true. FYI...we do not expect to get matched with a child yet. We hope, with all our hearts, to be assigned a waitlist number. There are many families with a number who have not been matched yet. Families who have been on the waitlist for well over a year. I was about to give up on Honduras, but it looks like things may be taking off again. I hope the new director will straighten out the system and start matching these precious children with the families who can't wait to love them.
I am trying not to get my hopes up, but this is very promising news! Z asks everyday when we're are going to get her little brother. She listens to my heart and says she can hear him. Please, God, help me be patient.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa, So good to hear from you. I have been wondering and thinking about you. That is good news that things will start to move again in Honduras. The last four months have been really hard for everybody. I think your cautious optimism is good. I love how Z listens to your heart.
    Best Wishes, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lo bueno siempre llega, aunque se tenga uno que ser paciente. Estamos convencidos de que las noticias de Honduras cumplirán las esperanzas tuyas, de Z, de A, y de toda tu gran familia. Besos de Perico, Rosanny, Arturo y Sara.
    Sevilla. España.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post, we have cautious optimism as well. How many families do you know of with a waitlist #? I only know of 3, though of course there are many families who I am sure are private and have not come forth on the yahoo group or otherwise. I think our dossier was sent to Honduras the same week as yours (one of the first of so many in the months that followed). I wonder if they have kept them in order of arrival and whether it matters, since it appears, based on the matches made last year, that they are matching families to children rather than children to families. Which I think is positive if it is better for the children, but perhaps it is the cause of the discrepancies in time to referral. Excuse me for speculating out loud here... I am prone to doing that lately and it is driving my husband crazy :-) It is all you can do when you are waiting and wondering...
    I have enjoyed following your posts! Best to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I check your blog often but there has been no update since January. Are you still adopting from Honduras? We are currently #42 on the waiting list and it's exciting to see things moving a bit. Just wondering where in the process you are. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is your adoption process going? We are currently working on our dossier for Honduras.

      Delete
  5. I have just adopted a little girl from Honduas (July, 2012). We took her home March 22, 2013. She is now a U.S. Citizen. If you need help contact me. I have family (including adoption attorney) in Honduras.

    ReplyDelete